Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

May 25, 2011

Who says you can't eat well while camping?

We went camping this weekend with friends for the long weekend and we had a great time plus we ate great food! My fiance loves to cook, even in the woods or in this case car camping! We took advantage of the fact that we did not have to backpack into the site and went a little over board!! Normally, we backpack for a few hours before we get to our spot and we DO NOT want much weight in our backpacks but this weekend we didn't mind! Hence, we bought a waffle maker for camping that's right we had waffles while camping! It was great! Here are a few pictures from the weekend. Please ignore some of the bad quality, I'm still learning and I had some settings messed up.

Just realized I didn't take any pictures of our waffles but let me just tell you they were fantastic and covered in strawberries and maple syrup!

Here's our supper Saturday night. It was bacon wrapped salmon with onions and BBQ sauce cooked in the fire!! YUM!







Here's our supper Sunday evening. We had pasta with spaghetti sauce that had bacon in it!!

No comments: