Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

April 14, 2011

The Absolute BEST Brownies!!

I got this recipe from a parent of a student that I had in my class in 2008. Her mom baked brownies for one of our many fun celebrations and at the end of the year I asked her for the recipe! The brownies are AMAZING and so easy to make!! They are very sweet and super moist, almost melt in your mouth gooey-goodness!! Here is the famous recipe that I had a request to make for our dinner out tonight. Apparently, the husband and son requested I make my famous brownies (which I've made for them before). I love it that people like them! I may try to cut back on the sugar somehow though, cause they make me a little jittery! I may see if I can make my own chocolate icing also. ENJOY!!!

Ingredients

1 cup butter
4 eggs
1 cup cocoa
1 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sugar

1 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 tsp. salt

Directions

Melt butter in saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa and sugar. Stir well. Add eggs and vanilla.

Mix dry ingredients together. Add to chocolate mixture in saucepan. Stir well. Grease and flour a 13x 9 inch pan. Pour thick brownie mixture into pan and spread evenly. Bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. For really moist brownies take out just before you think they are cooked. DO NOT OVERCOOK!

Ice with your favorite chocolate icing recipe.

Here is the recipe I used, Chocolate Icing

Picture to follow after they are baked!

No comments: