Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

April 01, 2011

Little tidbits that I forgot to include!

I forgot to include a photo of the granola bars I made a few weeks ago. They are SO yummy and you can make them as healthy (or unhealthy) as you would like. 

Granola Bar Recipe




Here is the little Valentine's gift I made for my fiance. It was so yummy, not the best looking but it was much cheaper then going to the store that makes these!



Here's how I did it!

Things you need:
Strawberries
Pineapple
Cadbury milk chocolate bar
Kale (the green stuff)
Kabob sticks
Tea pot (or vase)
Paper towels
Cookie sheet
Parchment paper

First, I washed and then dried the strawberries and placed them on the cookie sheet lined with more paper towels. And do not remove the stocks, just wash and dry them very well.

Next, I cut the pineapple up and carved it into the somewhat of a heart shape. You could use a cookie cutter but I opted not to. I placed the carved pieces in the fridge covered in a bowl.

Then, I melted the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals making sure not to burn it. Once melted I dipped the strawberries in the chocolate making sure to cover everything except a little red and the stock. Once dipped, I placed them on the cookie sheet now covered with parchment paper. After all strawberries are dipped, place in fridge until chocolate is harden completely (about 2 hours).

Once the strawberries are ready you can arrange the fruit in the container of you liking. Be sure that you plan to give or serve this in a short while otherwise just keep the fruit the way it is until your ready. I basically stuffed the kale into the tea pot and stuck the kabob sticks with the fruit into it. It was very yummy! Enjoy!

No comments: