Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

April 13, 2011

Beef and Zucchini Stir Fry

We had steak on Sunday and ended up with leftovers so I used it to make this new dish. It wasn't to bad, not my favorite but I'd make it again as it was easy, filling and healthy! The key here is not to overcook the zucchini and tomatoes (like I did!). I had steak that was already cooked so I skipped the first step of cooking the steak in the pan, I just cooked the zucchini and then started from there. (Again, DO NOT overcook!) I used whole wheat broad egg noodles and it tasted great! Here is where I got the recipe: Company's Coming

Ingredients

1/4 cup Water
2 tsp. Cornstarch
1 tbsp. White vinegar
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1/8 tsp. Onion salt (I didn't have or use)
1/4 tsp. Garlic salt (I used powder)
1/8 tsp. Oregano
A pinch of Thyme



1 tbsp. Olive oil


3/4 lb Sirlion steak, sliced into 1/8 inch pieces

Salt and pepper to taste




1 tsp. Olive oil

1 Zucchini, with peel thinly sliced


1 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated





Directions

Stir water into cornstarch in small bowl. Add next 6 ingredients. Stir. Set aside.

Heat wok or frying pan on medium-high. Add first amount of olive oil. Add beef strips. Stir-fry until desired doneness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl.

Add second amount of olive oil to hot wok. Add zucchini. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until tender-crisp. Add beef.

Add tomato halves. (DON'T overcook!!!) Stir cornstarch mixture. Stir into beef mixture until boiling and thickened. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 3 1/2 cups (875 mL). Serves 4.
1 serving: 160 Calories; 7.9 g Total Fat; 170 mg Sodium; 18 g Protein; 5 g Carbohydrate; 1 g Dietary Fiber

No comments: