Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

April 11, 2011

Molasses Buns Recipe

As promised, here is the recipe for Molasses Buns which are a Newfoundland tradition. My Nan makes these, and they are fantastic!! I love them! I hope you love them too. I'm making them for my potluck tonight, hope they all enjoy them too!

Ingredients

1 cup margarine
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup molasses
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp salt
About 1 cup warm water

How to Do It 

Cream butter and sugar together, add eggs then molasses and beat well. Mix all spices plus the baking soda in flour, then add to mixture. Pour water over mixture until you can see that it's moist. Work into a ball and cut into small patties. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: