Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

May 10, 2011

Tomato Basil Soup

We have been making this soup for a while now and I can honestly say I'd give it 5 stars!!!! I used to love this soup at a local restaurant but recently ate there and did not enjoy it nearly as much! My fiance and I had this with a chicken Caesar salad with a multigrain baguette.
 
 
 
Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup - Source
  • 4 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
  • 4 cups tomato juice
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 14 leaves fresh basil
  • 1/2 cup butter 
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Parmesan cheese (optional but very yummy)
  1. Place tomatoes and juice in a stock pot over medium heat. Simmer for 30 minutes. Puree the tomato mixture along with the basil leaves, and return the puree to the stock pot.
  2. Place the pot over medium heat, and stir in the heavy cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Do not boil.     

No comments: