Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

May 04, 2011

Stuffed Peppers and Sweet Potato Fries

If you asked me a couple of years ago if I would eat meat, spices and veggies stuffed inside a bell pepper, I would have laughed in your face! Now, I LOVE it!! I had to wait a long while before I made this because I had my fiance sick of them!! I love having these because it's a full meal and I get a lot of veggies at the same time. I have two variations of these one with spinach vs one with zucchini.

The sweet potato fries are also a favorite of mine! I enjoy them at restaurants more because I can't get them to taste as good and crispy but I'm sure mine are much better for us!

Stuffed Peppers (2-3 servings)

2-3 bell peppers, cut off tops and clean out (use yellow, red or orange)
2-3 sausages (could use ground beef also)
1/2 zucchini, peeled and diced
1-2 mushrooms (could use more but I don't like them)
3/4 cup Jasmine rice (could use any kind)
1/2 cup mozza cheese
1/4 cup cashews, finely chopped
1/4 onion, finely chopped

Cook sausage until done and add onion near the end. While the sausage is cooking, cook the rice also. Once rice is done add cheese and mix together. Add all the vegetables and cashews, mix well. Add the mixed vegetables to the sausage and onion, mix together. Stuff the peppers with filling, bake in oven at 350 degrees until peppers are cooked about 35 minutes.

Sweet Potato Fries 

1 large sweet potato, diced
Basil & Oregano, as desired
Extra Virgin Olive oil, just enough to coat the potatoes

To make them crispy, soak potatoes in water with 1 tsp of sugar and 1 tsp of salt. (It gets the moisture out). Leave soaking for about an hour, if possible. Drain, rinse, and pat dry. Drizzle with oil until well coated, put desired amount of spices on them. Place in oven for about 35-50 minutes on 375 degrees. Keep checking them and stirring them around.

No comments: