Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

March 08, 2011

Blueberry Muffins (Made a bit healthier!)

This is a modification to my Mother-in-law's recipe. They are so yummy but I wanted to avoid the white flour. I took a little taste and they taste great! I can't even tell I added whole wheat flour!! I'll see what Evan thinks when he tries them! Stay tuned for my favorite banana bread next week!! (I LOVE it!)

Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
2 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp salt 
1/2 cup butter 
1 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
2 eggs 
1/2 cup milk 
1 tsp vanilla 
1 cup blueberries (I added an extra 1/4 cup)
*My addition to the recipe - 1/2 cup crushed bran flakes

Directions
Mix dry ingredients in large bowl not the sugar though. In another bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in milk and vanilla. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients and pour in mixture. Stir just to moisten. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups " full. Bake at 400 ̊ for 20 to 25 minutes until brown.

Notes
Makes about 1 dozen.

Here are some pictures of the process, I'm trying to increase my photography skills so bare with me!

No comments: