Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

June 20, 2011

Ginger Beef Stir-Fry

My first time making this and it was a hit!! Yay! I enjoyed it too! Normally I pick my cooking apart and think it's awful! I did follow a recipe but I am still taking some credit! I didn't have some of their ingredients so I used some different things such as zucchini. Note to self, do not put in until the very end which I didn't do. Here is the source.

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1 1/2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root, divided
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
  • 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
  • 1/2 cup snow peas (didn't use)
  • 3/4 cup julienned carrots
  • 1/2 cup halved green beans
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons water
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/2 tablespoon salt

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, blend cornstarch, garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until cornstarch is dissolved. Mix in broccoli, snow peas, carrots, and green beans, tossing to lightly coat.
  2. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Cook vegetables in oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Stir in soy sauce and water. Mix in onion, salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger. Cook until vegetables are tender but still crisp.

No comments: