Quote of the Week!

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”

October 14, 2010

Apple Crumble (Delicious!!)

4 c. sliced, pared, cored baking apples
2/3 to 3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. rolled oats
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg (I didn't have any so I added more cinnamon)
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. All Bran buds (optional for extra fiber and crunchiness)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place sliced apples in greased square pan, 8 x 8 x 2 inches, or a baking dish, 10 x 6 x 12 inches, or a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Blend remaining ingredients until mixture is crumbly. Spread over apples. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with cream, ice cream, or hard sauce.
Serves 6.

From Cooks.com

No comments: